03 April, 2013

2 wins in 2 days.


Last week at the Criterium of Bouvent the weather was , once again,
cold and wet. The course wasn’t like a criterium really; it was a
closed circuit of about 6km with a long false flat and a few nasty
bends. About 45 starters and before long  a group of 3 had escaped and
got a gap of 1min. I was pushing hard in the peloton but trying not to
do all the work, although the escapees teammates were blocking too.
Eventually we caught the leaders and by then the peloton had shrunk to
15ish. Then with a lap and half to go I attacked 100% and got a good
gap. I managed to cross the line with 1:24 over the next guy. Yes!!!
So this weekend I had a race on sunday and another on Monday. The
sunday race was in Geneva and several good swiss were there, and some
guy who had come all the way from Germany. The level was higher than I
expected as I was hoping to save some strength for the next day. The
course was tough too, a 1km hill which I just managed in the big ring
on the last lap. 6 of us for the steep sprint finish and I managed to
get the win.
The following day was a race I really wanted to win. 60km at Scionzier
and very well organised by the Cluses club, and all the Haute Savoie
riders and some others were there. 3 of us made a break and shared the
work to get a big lead. With a strong headwind on the only flat part
of the course I didn’t think I could make it on my own so I waited til
150m to go then launched the sprint. It felt really good to get the
win and the prizes were very impressive 9included the biggest
chocolate egg I’ve ever seen). This was the last race on my EVO 2012
as I have the new one ready to go.
So 1st ride on the new bike tomorrow and to set it up for the race on
Sunday at GAILLARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment