09 April, 2013

4 wins in a row.

Since the beginning of 2013 I have done 5 road races and a couple of track races.
The first Departemental race was in Scionzier and it was a hilly course. It was one of the races I really wanted to win because I wanted to put my name at the top of the list straight from the start of the season. It was a 70km race and by the first 15km a group of 3 broke away and I was in it. It came down to a sprint finish which I won.

I took delivery to my new Cannondale EVO Sram red 2. It was really easy to set up because it was just a slightly bigger frame to my old bike. I wasn't sure if I should race on it but I just couldn't keep my hands off it.  I dont think it could be any lighter - maybe it is  -  but it seems to accelerate even faster, and it looks fantastic!
This week end was the first french national track meeting so yet again I wanted to put my name at the top of the board, and to be considered for selection for the Gaby Coche which is an international invitation event. It was in Lyon and there were 18 of us on the 333.33m outside , concrete, track. There was a points race where I lapped the field by myself and I won all the sprints. The a scratch and death race, which I won as well. All went well that day. It was a lot of fun. I won all the flowers and now the house looks like "fleurist".
The next day it was my club local race so I had to win that! Not only win but win in style!
After a few laps, a guy from Chambéry ( the only guy from the region I havent beaten ) and I got away. We stayed together for a couple of laps. Than I decided that I had enough of him and it was time to drop him. I attacked! I did the last 6 laps on my own and "won in style". I won with a 3min gap.  The bike was amazing and felt so fast.  I was astonished with the difference. I felt so good after the race that I rode an extra 40km to come home. I have to admit that I was totaly destroyed afterwards. My dad said : "110km is 110km..."  But I still beat him to the last sign!

Out of 5 races on the road I have won 4 of them. On the track I have won them all so far.
Wish me luck for this week end!  

1 comment: