05 September, 2011

The perfect summer!!!!

Hi guys.

This summer has been the most amazing summer of my life!!

I have been doing so many amazing races, in every single race I have done I have come top 3 except when I came over to England to do the British National Road race in Bradford. Sadly I had a technical problem so instead of trying to come top 10 in Britain I came 25. But I had to start from the back of a field of 92 riders, got to the front, but then after a few laps I had to screw my crank bolt back in whilst still trying to race – I dropped back to the 2nd group but won that little battle.

When I came back I did a good race in St Julien en Genevoie. I came 1st with 3minutes on the 2nd and 3rd guys. And I lapped all the others.

This week end was better than I could have ever dreamed. On the Saturday I went to Grenoble and tried to qualify for the 6 jours de Grenoble which is basically the French National Track Trophy. There was a scratch race and a points race. Overall at the end I was the 1st qualifier which also meant I had beaten several guys for the 1st time. Especially Anthony Girollet who is so strong that I didn’t think I could beat him but I just gave it 100% and actually beat him in 3 sprints!!

So that turned out very well.

The next day I had a race in Annecy. There was a standing sprint and a race. In the sprint I came 7th and I am not a standing start sprinter. I don’t know why although I did skid and wobble a bit.

What I really wanted to do was win the road race. And I did, I won it with nearly 1 lap on the 3rd guy. There was me and another rider in the front and by far. But I won the last sprint easily.

So I am a long way in front in the general classification.

No comments:

Post a Comment