05 November, 2012

Omnium win


I won the omnium in Aigle!
On the Thursday after the French national race I did an u18 event and I won the flying lap which I was very pleased with because I never used to be any good at that event. I won the scratch with a sprint to beat Killian Fournier who is champion of Romandie and I dominated the elimination (which is becoming my specialty and favorite race) and then came 2nd in the points race which was a little disappointing because I sprinted at the bell and actually got it wrong as there was another lap to go... so I didn't get any points in that sprint.                                                                   
Overall I won the whole evening by 7 points.
Really very pleased – especially as my family and girlfriend were there to watch too; even Patrick Bovo was there to support me (Regional coach). Patrick and I are already talking about next year’s goals.
On Sunday we flew to Majorca for a family holiday and obviously brought our bikes too. We all needed a change of scenery.
We were worried the weather would be poor as it’s so late in the season but actually it’s 20+ and very nice, just a bit windy. We did 87km yesterday – dad absolutely died!!! – And 70km today, same again for dad. Haha! Who’s the DADDY now!? Hein?
FEEL GOOD!   But need a break soon.
The day we get back from Majorca I have my first big race in the Geneva velodrome. I’m very excited. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in Geneva Tom
    Ps give the old man a break he's getting on a bit now

    ReplyDelete