23 September, 2012

Track season on it's way!


It’s been so long since my last post but you can be sure I’ve been so busy! Lots of races and training which has finally caught up with me and I have bronchitis so am very miserable.
The highlights of the summer include an amazing holiday in Bourg D’Oisans which is where all the famous cols are, including Alpe d’huez and the col du Galibier. The first day we arrived in our camping car (rental). We made our bikes up and shot up Alpe d’huez in a time of 54mins. The second day we decided to go and do the Galibier so our friend drove us up 20km of the route and we got out and climbed the col du Limousin with a deathly head wind to reach the col. At the top of the col du Galibier we turned round and shot down the valley back to our rentalchalet. The 3rd day we did an amazing 110km ride with 5 tough cols that I don’t know the name of. The next day we went to do a col named Glandon followed with col de la croix de fer, then we blasted it back down, very fun!  My record up Alpe d’Huez is 51mins. My mum did the triathlon on a very hot day and I rode up next to her all the way – I think she took nearly 2 hours!
So, Manchester.
 I went to the GB point’s race track nationals back at the beginning of September. It was a 32 lap race of a 250m track. There was a sprint on the 12th, 20th, last lap. In all sprints I got 4th 5th and 7th. So, I didn’t get any points. 12 people qualified to the finals. 11 different people got points in that race and I got 13th. If you make that calculation, I didn’t qualify.
The week end after I went down to Grenoble to try and qualify for the event I won last year (French nationals). There were 35 people trying to qualify, and only 9 athletes could go through. Like last year there is a scratch race qualifier and final and a point’s race qualifier and final. I qualified for both finals easily and did well in the finals so I qualified for that event in 6th place. In fact, I am the only 1st year u16 who qualified. So my main goal for the remainder of this year is to get a podium!
I got 2nd in Grenoble on a criterium type circuit. Some good riders and 1 guy made a break and we – the peloton – never caught him . But I won the sprint which I was really really proud of. I beat Gabriel Thoulouse , who is Champion of Rhone Alpes on the track and who got 4th in the French national road race.
The Haute Savoie track team qualified for the inaugural competition at the new Roubaix indoor track. I was competing in the pursuit and the “vitesse” (standing start 3 laps 3 man).

We knew we were going well and had high hopes for a good result. Unfortunately the team had a bad start in the flying kilometre and came 12th. But we got better, and climbed up to 3rd place with 2events left. We came 2nd in the pursuit in 3,34 for 3 km, an average of 51km/h. But the vitesse didn’t go so well and we came 5th overall eventually. But 5th in France is not too bad. I am worried about next year though as I don’t think I’ll have a strong team around me.
I did my 1st invitational race on the track at Aigle in the Trophee Raspoutine
 and am looking forward to the 3 days of Aigle in early October.

No comments:

Post a Comment