09 August, 2015

The blog is back !

I believe it is about time I started to keep a record of my progress again. 
As an under 14 and under 16 it was without a doubt a great thing to do, but now I am entering the world of a high level cyclist, having a blog for people to follow is the best way to climb the cyclists social ladder.

This summer has been incredible, and it is far from over.

I won the Rhone Alpes road race which means I should captain the regional team but , as I'm not french, I cannot compete in the national events. So I have to compete in the UK at national level.

I've just arrived home after competing in the GB National Track Championships at Manchester velodrome.

After having placed 5th in the national road race 3 weeks ago in Yorkshire I was really hoping to do better. Which I did!

The scratch race on Wednesday was very fast (49.9kmh average speed for 80 laps (20km)) and in the final sprint a rider blocked my path and a back marker got mixed up too so I had to settle for 4th. The next day the points race was always going to be tough. Over 120 laps (30km) the European champion was possibly the favourite but
eventually came 6th. I was leading going into the last lap but, again, the sprint didn't go my way and I ended up 2nd despite being level on points with the winner as the final sprint positions decide in the event of a tie.

So. 5th 4th and 2nd in Great Britain.

I don't know whether to be very happy or very disappointed. 
It's bizarre because before the races I would have been over the moon to have achieved results like these, therefore, now the races have finished and I know I have missed out on winning a stripey jersey the feeling is not the same. 
I would have become the first person to win 2 different country national titles. Now that is what I call outstanding. 

I am also over the moon with my Baccalaureate results.. Equivalent to 4 A*s and I've been
offered a place at QMUL (Queen Mary University of London) to study maths and finance but I asked to
defer for the course a year. And they accepted ! 

In September I move to St Etienne and will join Team Ecsel, which is a DN1 team, to finish my Bac and get a higher overall grade and also to join the South East road academy as a first year espoir ("hope" in french terms).

I am now going to do my best to keep my blog up and running ! So please follow, share, post, like to help me find my way to the top !

Here is a link to the club I will be joining.  
http://ecsel-cyclisme.fr/

No comments:

Post a Comment