04 September, 2013

UK experience was amazing.

I also went to the UK to do the GB Nationals and interregions at Manchester and Glasgow velodromes. I had a great experience and absolutely loved the racing and meeting so many great people. The intensity and competition was really fierce, and there are some very very strong riders in the UK for sure! Overall I was disappointed because I got:

 1 x 3rd place (points race in interregional), 
 1 x 4th (scratch in the nationals),                    
 2 x 5ths (points in the nationals and the interregional keirin),                                                                     1 x 6th (scratch in the interregional), 
 1 x 8th (500m TT in the interregional),                                          
 1 x 9th (in the pursuit national) and                                                                                                            a gold (in the team pursuit interregional).

Actually, to get 5th in the keirin was very satisfying!! I should be pretty happy but for 2 photo finishes which might have given me 2nd places instead of the 4th or 5th places. I felt like I had a very unlucky time in the UK and to say I was annoyed is a massive understatement, and I did complain - but never mind. I need to focus on the next big goal. I have one last shot at getting a second national title. 

I'm teamed up with Tom Rotherham for the last national event of the year which is the Madison. I won this event in France and i know I have the endurance, so fingers crossed on the 28th September!!!

1 comment: