15 January, 2013

Start to the 2013 season


  The second Haute-Savoie track challenge was on Saturday. There was a flying lap and a 500m standing start. I was there by midday although my session started at 15.30. My dad's session started at 13.00. So, I asked one of the Suisse team guys who was there if he could help me improve my madison technique. I have done lots of madison races but knew I had to improve to get to the top level. Anyway, I was on the track for a good 45mins. I had another good 2 hour wait before my session so I decided to do a 1h30 roller session. Finally my track time so jumped on my bike and on the track I hopped.

  Since I had already won the first round I was the last person to try and achieve the best time. The best time overall ( even the adults... ) was 10.05s. Just to remind you, this track is a 166.66m. My goal was to get under the 10s barrier. It was a cold day in the velodrome. We have 3 laps to get the speed up and then the last one is the timed one. My time was 10.02! Everyone congratulated me yet inside I was so annoyed! 0.02 of a second is like 3cm! 3Cm and I would have been under 10s. I was still happy because I did the time of the day, it was aloso my PB. Oh well ! Next time I will smash it !

  Next race was a 500m time trial. On a 166.66m track there are 6 bends. My dad said that I would be in the 36's. I just looked at him and laughed ! I thought: « I've never been under 38s on a 200m track, so on a 166.66m track ! »
I killed myself and at the end lunged myself to the line. On the backstraight I looked at the board and... 36.4s !!! WOW ! I was amazed !! Couldn't believe it ! So went round again and checked !
We got home that night and looked up the 500m times in the french championship. We came to a conclusion after a lot of calculations that we could knock of at least 1.5s if I was on a 250m track, which would have given me the best time at the championship of France last year.

  Also, to add to one of the best days, my 2012 Cannondale sponsor sent me an E-Mail. In which they said that they had already accepted another applicant but had asked Cannondale if they could sponsor me as well. And they said YES ! I jumped into dad's arms and he said «  I'm so happy I don't have to buy you another f****** expensive bike now ! »
So I am still sponsered by Cannondale for 2013 !


  To me, it's a very good start to the season.
  
  Hope 2013 goes as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment