11 March, 2012

A good start to the season!


Hi guys
Ok...  Well I don’t really know what to start with.
It was the beginning of the track season. I thought that I was really going to struggle to keep up with the best guys in France, but actually I was alright.
On the first manche of the Haute-Savoie track championship, I suffered. We did a points race and a scratch. In the points race I came 4th and in the scratch I came 4th as well. I was pretty pleased with that because I am racing against the some best guys in France who are nearly two whole years older than me. So 4th was fine.
On the second manche, we had a 500m standing start. I went up to the line and they counted me down...  3, 2, 1 Go!  And my pedal unclipped so I had to clip it back in and continued my race. I did my 1st lap as fast as I could by killing myself. And then they told me to stop and start again. That really annoyed me. So, I started again, but of course by then I had used most of my energy up. So there we go... In the end I did it in 38.5 secs (remember this is a 166m track). The second race I did was Madison training. And me and my partner came second.
On the third manche, we had a points race and a death race. On the points race I got 3rd and I was pleased with that. On the death race I got 2nd and I was delighted with that.
On the 4th manche, we had a 2.5km time trial and Madison training. In the time trial I came second and it was very satisfying. Considering that I am the smallest and youngest guy there by a long way and the guy who came 1st is the oldest and strongest guy in France I thing I did very well. Well anyway... I did it in 3min17sec. Then in the Madison training I came 2nd.
On the last manche there was a points race and a death race. On this manche I was ill but I knew I had to do it to get a podium. So... I got 4th on the points and 4th on the death race. So I got a podium for the whole season. 3rd!!!  And now I have kind of finished the track season although there are few races coming up in Aigle and Lyon which I’m really looking forward to.
So...  Now we are in club La Santa!!! 
I had the best cycling holiday of my life. In three weeks I did 1400km in total with a new personal best up Tabayesco of 29min51sec. My time trial was more than 10% faster than last year and I found I had no problem keeping up with group 1 , and my recovery was very fast too.
Today I did my first race of the season and I WON!!!!!!   I could not have won if I didn’t go to club la Santa. There were some very strong guys so I decided to stay with the front group and try and win the sprint because I know that my sprint is very good at the moment. But... I felt so good that on the second lap over three I attacked and I got a gap and I time trialled for the rest of the race. And in the end I won by 3min 28sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment